The heavy construction industry maintains the well-being of our community by building:
Why Work in the Heavy Construction Industry?
- Thinking is required! Say goodbye to the myth that construction work is mindless. The construction industry is an excellent career choice for high-achievers, critical thinkers and problem solvers interested in performing mindful and purposeful work.
- Jobs are available. With one out of five workers retiring, the industry is looking for 250,000 new workers over the next 10 years.
- Construction workers typically earn more than the average Canadian.
- No experience necessary. Receive on the job training, work in a collaborative work environment and learn from your colleagues.
- Great work/life balance. In Ottawa, workers generally work a 44-hour week with benefits in an office or in the field.
- Continuous learning. Learn every day and work with cool, cutting edge technology.
- You will never be bored! Every job is different, and no two days are alike.
- Opportunities for growth. Advance to positions such as foreman, supervisor, project manager or health and safety professional.
- Mentoring programs. You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues and to learn new technologies as they emerge or evolve.
- Acquire skills that last a lifetime. Learn from experiences that will stay with you for the rest of your life.