The National Capital Heavy Construction Association represents the heavy construction industry (sewer and watermain contractors, road builders, aggregate producers and suppliers to the heavy construction industry) in the National Capital region. Our industry is a significant economic driver performing well over $1 billion in infrastructure work annually. Our members play a vital role in the construction and maintenance of sustainable infrastructure.
NCHCA was created in June 1978 by the amalgamation of the National Capital Roadbuilders Association and the National Capital Sewer and Watermain Association. It serves over 240 contractor and associate members in and around Ottawa.
To act as a resource to our members and promote the heavy construction industry in the construction and maintenance of sustainable infrastructure.
- Advocacy: To advocate strong, clear positions and expectations to municipal governments and private sector owners regarding issues that affect the heavy construction industry.
- Resources for Members: To serve as a resource to our members and facilitate educational development.
- Recruitment: To promote recruitment to the heavy construction industry by developing recruitment and retention strategies that address current and anticipated labour shortages.
- Stakeholder Relations: To facilitate the two-way flow of information between the heavy construction industry and its stakeholders to promote better understanding and cooperation between the public, owners, engineers, and contractors.
- Networking Activities: To organize networking activities to promote leadership, professionalism, goodwill, and cooperation within our membership.